Emerald is a gemstone of green color belonging to the family of beryl gems. This gemstone is rare because it is very difficult to find a flawless emerald. Most emeralds are defective, having a feather - like crack and inclusions. To find an emerald that is of rich green color, perfectly transparent, with a velvety reflection and high specific gravity is difficult.
General properties of Gemstone
Qualities of Emerald Gemstone
- Rich green homogeneous color that is deep and pleasant, like a blade of fresh grass.
- Soothing touch and pleasant sight, which gives peaceful vibrations and captivates the heart.
- Smoothness that comes when the stone has a fine finish.
- Compactness, which gives it high specific gravity.
- Retains its color and lustre in all kinds of lights and shades.
- Vitreous lustre, radiance, luminescence, brilliance.
- Fine cut, which illuminates it from all sides.
- Velvety reflection.
- Transparent, which makes it rare and costlier than diamonds...
These are generalized predictions, for more personalized Gemstone Advice kindly click here to contact us.